The AP has compiled a fairly massive guide to VR. (full disclosure they interviewed me for this and I am like a paragraph or so of this very detailed report.)
After reading this report, you will know:
1. A new reporting approach called dynamic storytelling that puts the news consumer at the center of the process.
2. Best practices in virtual reality journalism and the tools used, including the nascent technology of “volumetric capture” as well as computer-generated imagery (CGI).
3. Considerations when constructing a news story, including audience participation, the immersive technologies available and the various perspectives presented.
4. Key challenges in immersive storytelling and ways of mitigating those concerns. These include ethics and standards, newsroom workflows, technology deployment, skills and user adoption.
5. Data-driven strategies to produce and distribute immersive media across devices.